15. DON’T BREAK THE WRIST. Keep the wrist even with your arm, not in a bent down position unless you are going for a 10 pin. Many bowlers use a wrist support that helps keep their wrist straight since the ball is a bit heavy. I use one because I have a 16 pound ball. If you feel you can’t hold your wrist straight, then invest in a wrist support. They are available at the pro shop as well as online where there are several to choose from.
16. KEEP ARM OUT SLIGHTLY TO THE SIDE which will allow for body clearance when your arm comes down with the bowling ball to go into the pendulum swing, otherwise you have to force your arm out to the side, and it could go out a little farther one time but not the same the next time. Once again, you need to be consistent.
17. FINISH IN AN UPRIGHT POSITION with a good knee bend if you are able, rather than bending from the waist which puts more stress on the back.
18. Remember my 5 “F’S”- FACE the ins squarely, FOCUS on all of these basics, don’t go too FAST, keep the trailing FOOT more in back of you rather than out excessively to the side, and have FUN!!!
19. Think on your FOREARM going up towards the ceiling and touch your back lightly, so you know you are getting a good LIFT on the ball after the release.
I certainly hope that your game has been improving. We have gone over many things since the beginning of my Blog. Remember to keep practicing and incorporating these basics every few games. There’s a lot to remember to be patient with yourself.
Join me here next week to find out more about "Practice makes Perfect"!
Good Luck and High scoring!!