Happy New Year to everyone!! I hope you enjoyed the holidays and all the festivities as much as I did!!
Many of you have some New Years Resolutions just as I do. I hope you will be able to "FOLLOW THROUGH" on all or most of them. Here are a few you may want to include in 2023, if you haven't already, as far as Bowling is concerned!!
1. Learn to bowl with a hook if you haven't and are still throwing a straight ball. Your average will go up more quickly!
2. Being a better Team Member instead of just bowling your own game.
3. Losing a few pounds and doing more exercising so you can get more stamina and bowl great that last game instead of being tired.
4. Remember to clean your bowling ball/s after each league session is over so you won't have to when you are starting a your next bowling session.
5. Change from a Conventional Grip to a Finger Tip Grip.
6. Really getting to the lanes and practicing more often, and working on something specific instead of just competing with the person next to you.
7. Remember to do stretching before you begin any bowling session.
8. Really focusing on getting a better first ball, 9 or better! You'll never have to worry about chopping a one pin spare and you'll always get great pin count on your spares!!
9. Buying a new ball or new shoes.
10. Bowling your first 300 game!
11. Get in a good bowling routine, doing everything in order and having a positive mental attitude.
12. Start signing up for some tournaments! Don't put it off. You will get a handicap so it doesn't matter if your not that good yet. Getting the experience in tournaments and bowling with people who are more skilled than you will definitely help you improve!!
These are just some ideas to start with. I am sure you have others that you wish to accomplish and incorporate into your bowling game. You have a brand new start with the NEW YEAR ahead of you. today is only January 3. Just think it, picture it, and go out and DO IT!! You know you can! Confidence and consistency is the name of the game!!!
Join me back here next week when I'll be discussing "Why am I hitting the pocket, but not getting the strike"?
Good Luck and High Scoring, and Let's get revved up for this brand new year!
Hello!! My name is Joanie. Although I'm not a professional bowler, I have loved the sport for more than 45 years, averaged over 200 for several seasons, and learned quite a bit with research and experience.